Marriage Licenses

The vast majority of weddings in the Colorado River Valley region use an Arizona marriage license. This is because the couple does not have to be current or former residents of Arizona and the wedding may be performed anywhere in Arizona, in Laughlin, Nevada, or Needles, California as long as the minister or officiant is legally ordained in Arizona (where he or she will sign the marriage license and return it to the County Clerk for official recording).

Our ordained ministers are legally licensed to perform marriages using an Arizona or California marriage license.

Read on for details on how to obtain a marriage license.

If you just need a wedding officiant, Rev. Gary Ramelot and Rev. Jill Ramelot offer a traditional Christian ceremony, non-traditional religious ceremony, “spiritual but not religious” ceremony and standard civil ceremony. You’re welcome to write your own vows if you’d like. Our  ordained and licensed ministers are happy to speak with you about your specific ceremony needs and offer advice on vows.

CREW offers a standard ceremony for $100 for weddings in the Colorado River Valley. There’s an additional charge for attending a rehearsal or travel more than 10 miles from Bullhead City.


A marriage license is what makes the marriage legal. In Arizona, marriage licenses are valid for one year from the date of issue. To legally marry in Arizona, the couple needs a valid marriage license, which must be signed by a legal officiant and two witnesses. Both parties must be at least 18 years old, and both witnesses must be at least 18 years of age and must provide the officiant with valid ID. You do not need to be a current or former resident or Arizona to get an Arizona marriage license.

Duly licensed or ordained clergy – including our very own ministers, Reverend Gary Ramelot and Reverend Jill Ramelot – and judges in courts of record may legally sign marriage licenses in Arizona. CREW’s ordained ministers also are licensed to sign California marriage licenses.

Nevada marriage laws are different and licensed officiants are scarce in Laughlin, but our officiants can perform marriages in Nevada with an Arizona marriage license officially signed in Arizona.

In Bullhead City, Arizona, marriage licenses are issued by the Mohave County Superior Court Clerk, located at 2225 Trane Road. The office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed for lunch daily from noon to 1:30 p.m. For more information, call (928) 758-0726.

Both potential spouses must present legal ID and complete the official marriage license application. The cost of a marriage license is $83. The court accepts cash and checks. Credit/debit cards are also accepted but there is a surcharge of 2.39%. All fees are non-refundable. 

Licenses are issued in person or may be applied for and received by mail. For more information on the marriage license process in Mohave County, click here. To view official instruction on how to obtain a marriage license by mail in Mohave County, click here.

To view or print the Mohave County marriage license application, click here.


If one or both spouses plans to change their name after they marry, the place to start this process is with the Social Security Administration. After registering your new name there, you will be able to get a new ID at your state’s motor vehicle department.

You’ll need a certified copy of your marriage record to send to the Social Security Administration, and must complete the required forms. To visit the SSA webpage to download the forms, CLICK HERE.

For an Arizona Marriage License, you can get a certified copy at the Mohave County Superior Court on Trane Road in Bullhead City (the same place you get your Marriage License, see details below). The quickest way to get a certified copy is to bring the bottom portion of your marriage license form (with all necessary signatures) to the Superior Court Clerk and pay $30 for your certified marriage license on the spot. If you or your officiant mails the certificate (as directed on the Marriage License form) it could take up to a month for a certified copy to be available, and you’ll still need to go to the Courthouse and pay $30 to get it to accomplish a name change. 


The Laughlin Marriage License Bureau is only open on Fridays and Saturdays and finding a licensed officiants who may legally sign a Nevada marriage license is difficult in Laughlin. Weddings can still happen in Laughlin using an Arizona or California marriage license signed in that state, and a minister or officiant who is ordained or registered to perform an Arizona or California marriage.

If a Nevada Marriage License is a requirement, Nevada state and Clark County rules require at least three months advance notice and a fee of $350 in addition to our standard officiant fee. Since there are no residency requirements, we highly recommend couples use an Arizona Marriage License and sign it in Arizona. Then the wedding ceremony and celebration can be held anywhere, including in Nevada. 

Our own Revs. Gary and Jill Ramelot are ordained and licensed to perform weddings in both Arizona and California. 

WE CAN PERFORM YOUR  LAUGHLIN WEDDING WITH AN ARIZONA MARRIAGE LICENSE! The license will be signed in Arizona, and the wedding ceremony can take place literally ANYWHERE!


California marriage licenses may be obtained in from the San Bernardino County Recorder-Clerk’s Office in San Bernardino, California. There is a satellite office in Barstow, California, also. Marriage license applications must be completed before the couple goes to the Recorder-Clerk’s office. For information, click her

Prices listed on this page and elsewhere on this website are subject to change without notice. No promise or guarantee of cost for services is implied. Prices for services provided by CREW LLC will be set by contract with each client on an individual basis and may be more or less than posted fees. Contact CREW for a free consultation to receive a personalized price quote.